Career Planning and Placement
Interior Designers Institute offers job placement services for A.A., B.A. and Master’s Degree students. A natural transition from the college classroom to the workplace is the Institute’s Internship Program for B.A. students, which gives them the opportunity to learn from leading designers while pursuing their studies. These students have actual experience working one-to-one with clients. This is a real advantage when entering the interior design field upon graduation. The Institute will do all it can to help you find a job that best suits your particular needs and talents. However, like other colleges and universities, although we provide thorough training and a job placement assistance program, we cannot guarantee employment. A professional interior designer is one who is qualified by education and experience. Read more about IDI Alumni
Firms hiring our graduates and students include:
- Gensler and Associates – #1 in the Country
- WATG Wimberly Allison Tong and Goo – Hotel Design
- Disney Studios
- James Adams & Associates – Designers of Caesar's Palace
- H. Hendy & Associates
- The Hatch Design Group – Hospitality Design/The Cheesecake Factory restaurant
- Takara Belmont – Salon and Spa Design
- John Benecke Interior Design – High-end residential design
- Mercedes Benz
- Arthur Valdez & Associates – Designers of the Four Seasons Hotels
- Sony Studios
- Michael Graves & Associates – World-renowned architectural and design firm
- IA Interior Architects – Global architectural firm
- HGTV Designer's Challenge, DesignStar, Small Space, Big Star and more
The wide spectrum of exciting jobs available to trained
interior designers include:
- COMMERCIAL DESIGNER: Creates interior designs for offices, banks, restaurants, hospitals, hotels and shopping centers.
- RESIDENTIAL INTERIOR DESIGNER: Designs home interiors.
- MODEL HOME DESIGNER: Works with builders, developers and architects in the designing of model homes.
- INDEPENDENT DESIGNER: Performs any facet of design by freelancing or running one's own interior design business.
- SET DESIGNER: Creates set designs for the television, movie and theater industries.
- TRANSPORTATION DESIGNER: Designs the interiors of yachts, airplanes, automobiles, trains and recreational vehicles.
- HISTORICAL PRESERVATION: Preserves the original historical detail of a building.
- RETAIL STORE DESIGNER: Involves sales and design for retail store clients.
- FURNITURE, TEXTILE AND WALLCOVERING DESIGNER: Originates designs for furniture, textile and wallcovering firms.
- SPECIALTY DESIGNER: Specializes in a particular area of design such as kitchens, bathrooms and closets.
- ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTSPERSON: Specializes in drafting for interior designers, architects or developers.
- INTERIOR ILLUSTRATOR/RENDERER: Supplies illustrations, renderings and portfolio boards to design professionals.
- MANUFACTURER'S REPRESENTATIVE: Represents a particular manufacturer's product lines in the interior design industry.
- SPACEPLANNER: Plans interior spaces for commercial and/or industrial buildings used by the public.
- LIGHTING CONSULTANT: Provides lighting solutions for residential and commercial interiors.
- SHOWROOM SALESPERSON: Sells products to interior designers in wholesale showrooms.
- CADD SPECIALIST (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting): Works with interior designers, builders, architects and others interested in using the computer to help develop and carry out design plans.
IDI Job Placement Services for Employers
Interior Designers Institute has talented, highly-skilled students and A.A., B.A. and Master’s Degree graduates seeking careers from entry-level through the most sophisticated of design projects. The IDI Career Placement Center offers FREE SERVICES to help a variety of employers find qualified candidates. Our CIDA ACCREDITEDeducation has helped our grads win placement with many industry giants and high profile companies. THERE IS NO CHARGE for Employers to list full-time, part-time, free-lance, temporary and per-project opportunities with our Career Placement Office. Please contact IDI Career Placement with your employment needs or any questions. We look forward to partnering with you. Fill out our JOB POSTING FORM online.
Job Placement Services for Homeowners
Homeowners hiring current Degree students or IDI graduates for interior design services, please contact: Chris Kittrell firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the Professional Interior Designers that have attended Interior Designers Institute.